Mining for gold will not be easy, but what we find will be priceless!



HOW TO: Experience genealogy, family history activities, family photos and pedigree charts while we search family connections and collections. Write your life story, or keep a journal. Become the caretaker for precious family photos. Learn the stories, and how to protect treasures of family significance.

Monday, September 12, 2011

Sidetracked by Douglas Bradshaw Fowler

Sidetracked by my Grandpa Fowler

I spent a long time planning which ancestor I would research first.  I chose to do my first family history search about my maternal grandmother, Caroline McMurray Davies. She was a young, girl who grew up in southern Alberta, Canada,circa 1930.  Her family was of Scottish descent, and she married a young man whose family ancestors hailed originally from Wales.

I have enjoyed my memories of my dear grandmother, but as I search, I remember more. Questions come to mind, some I will have to research.  Luckily, I can still ask my mother for some of the answers, and I need to do that while her memories are still accurate.

However, today I got a little sidetracked.  I was moving some journals from one shelf to another and came across a wonderful picture of my paternal grandfather, Douglas Bradshaw Fowler. I knew him as my grandpa, but he was also a family doctor in southern Alberta, Canada.  The untold story is that he went to Pharmacy School at University of Alberta, in Edmonton, Alberta to become a Pharmacist, but after doing that work for a while, he left his wife and young family to go to Ontario to go to medical school and later returned as a Doctor.

I need to do some more research  to get all the details, so I will try to not get too sidetracked, but I need to find out all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment