Mining for gold will not be easy, but what we find will be priceless!



HOW TO: Experience genealogy, family history activities, family photos and pedigree charts while we search family connections and collections. Write your life story, or keep a journal. Become the caretaker for precious family photos. Learn the stories, and how to protect treasures of family significance.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tuesday Task.....What's in a Name?

I know the story about how my parents chose my name . . . do you know the story behind your name?

My dad went on a mission to Hawaii, and learned the beautiful Hawaiian language.  The story that may parents told us was that we all were given Hawaiian names as well as our English names. I was named  Leilani - which means "flower from Heaven".  In addition to my Hawaiian name my parents chose the name Launa. Apparently, they really liked the name when my older sister was born, but were not 100% that they wanted to use it. Two years passed, and then I was born and they still liked it so then I got to be "Launa".  I really liked my name, it was a bit unusual and so I felt it was special.       

Try to find out the story about your name.                   

No comments:

Post a Comment