Mining for gold will not be easy, but what we find will be priceless!



HOW TO: Experience genealogy, family history activities, family photos and pedigree charts while we search family connections and collections. Write your life story, or keep a journal. Become the caretaker for precious family photos. Learn the stories, and how to protect treasures of family significance.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

What Do I Want To Know?

Since I want to start looking for my family roots it’s important to figure out exactly what I hope to learn. 

How much interest do I have and who and what interests me?  Maybe I will want to fill out a family tree, or maybe I want to research my entire family history. 

From past experience I know it is important not to get started until I:
  •          Define my goal

And I need to remember to:
  •          Not give up easily when things get difficult, and to
  •         Enjoy the journey, no matter where it takes me

And above all, I shouldn't get discouraged because:
  •          Family history is not always quick and easy 
  •          There is no way that I am going to find out everything in one day
Hang in there...

No comments:

Post a Comment