Mining for gold will not be easy, but what we find will be priceless!



HOW TO: Experience genealogy, family history activities, family photos and pedigree charts while we search family connections and collections. Write your life story, or keep a journal. Become the caretaker for precious family photos. Learn the stories, and how to protect treasures of family significance.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Sickness and other Health Conditions

Thinking about my grandfather having diphtheria as a child caused me to think about other health conditions that my parents or grandparents had to deal with during their lives.

My grandpa Fowler (Douglas Bradshaw Fowler) died of leukemia in 1965. He suspected and diagnosed it in himself.
My grandma Fowler (Louise King Fowler) died in 1987- I don't know why.

I remember my grandma Davies (Caroline McMurray Davies) had Parkinson's  Disease, that eventually landed her in a care home where she lived until she died in 1981.
My grandpa Davies (William George Davies) died in 1957 when I was 4 years old. I think he died of a heart attack- I better check my facts.

Illnesses of my Mother - I remember hearing about some bad rash she had on both hands and she had to be taken to the doctor in Lethbridge for treatment, and had both hands bandaged and it was a really problem when she needed to use the washroom.

Illnesses of my Father- (Allan King Fowler)               

No comments:

Post a Comment